Welcome 8th grade families to the Bryan Station High School Bands! We are excited to get you involved in our outstanding band program.
School counselors at all FCPS Middle Schools will begin the enrollment process for the fall of 2-22 at the end of January. To enroll in band for high school, please do two things:
- Sign up for the Advanced Band/Theory class on your schedule card. This will take up one elective each year.
- Complete our BSHS band online registration form, available in September for the 22-23 school year.
Scroll through the presentation below to learn more about the BSHS Bands!
Other Band Related Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I take band all four years and meet my academy/SIP requirements?
A: Yes. We will work with your counselor to make it happen. It sometimes takes a little creativity, but it can be done.
Q: Can I play sports and be in band?
A: Yes. We will meet to discuss your schedule and work out conflicts. We have had students participate in nearly every sport at BSHS and stay in band.
Q: Will the BSHS Band Program prepare me to play music in college?
A: Yes. Many of our students go on to perform in their college marching bands. We also have had many graduates go on to major in music – we will work with you and push you to excellence.
Q: What are the band fees at BSHS?
- $25 Class fee
- $25 Instrument Rental (if needed)
- $30 Shoe Fee (if needed) – students usually use their band shoes for two seasons.
- Students will also be asked to purchase a hoodie/jacket, shorts, tshirt, hat. Budget around $100. Most of the items are optional.
Students may have additional expenses if they choose to audition or participate in extra activities like honor bands, college visits, etc.