On Monday, July 4, the BSHS Pride of the Northside Marching Band will perform for the Lexington 4th of July Festival and Parade.
- 9am – Short Rehearsal at BSHS
- 9:45 – Load Equipment and Buses
- 10:00 – Depart BSHS
- 10:30 – Arrive at Old LHL Building on Midland, Unload, SNACK
- 11:30 – Parade begins from Main and Midland (Thoroughbred Park)
- 12:30 – Depart Downtown from Mill Street
- 1:00 – Arrive at BSHS, Unload, Dismiss
Students will wear their Gold BSHS Band Parade Shirt (provided) with black shorts and athletic shoes. You do not have to wear marching band shoes. (Marching band shoes will be ordered during camp – more info TBA).
June Camp: June 27 – July 1
To prepare for the parade, we will hold our first band camp of the summer at BSHS Monday, June 27 – Friday, July 1. Camp begins at 9am each day, with pick up set for 4:30 in the afternoon. We will break for 1 hour at lunch time to rest and recharge. Students may not leave campus during this time – bring your lunch or have your lunch brought to you at school. Microwaves and refrigerators are NOT available, so plan accordingly.
Students should plan on being outside each morning from 9 until Noon. Tips for staying happy and healthy during band camp:
- Eat breakfast and drink water before camp each day. Drink water throughout the day and each night before bed.
- Wear sunscreen and reapply as needed at school. While we do spend most of our afternoon inside working on music, we do sometimes go outside for a little bit at the end of the day before dismissal.
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothing and appropriate athletic shoes and socks. Sandals and open toed shoes are not acceptable.
What to bring to band camp:
- Your instrument and all required accessories (school instruments are available for $25 summer rental fee)
- Music (provided on first day of camp)
- 1 gallon water jug (or larger)
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
Cell Phone Policy: Students may bring their phone to school and use it during breaks and lunch. Phones are not allowed during rehearsal time.
Have more questions? Send Mr. Payne an email – firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us on Thursday, June 23 at 6pm on Zoom for an informal parent meeting. Mr. Payne will be available during this time to answer questions about what to expect.
Michael Payne is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Band Camp Informational Meeting
Time: Jun 23, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 998 8693 3137