Congratulations to the concert band and symphonic band on earning distinguished ratings at the 2022 KMEA District 7 Concert Band Assessment!
Preview Concert – Thursday, March 10
On Thursday, March 10 the Bryan Station Concert Band and Symphonic Band will perform alongside other BSHS Music Ensembles a special preview concert in preparation for KMEA District Assessment.
The March 10 preview concert will begin at 5:30pm in the BSHS Auditorium
- Students are to wear all black with their school issued black jackets.
- Concert band will practice at 4pm in the auditorium. Symphonic Band will practice at 4:30.
- Concert will end at 6:15.
KMEA District Assessment – Wednesday, March 16
On Wednesday, March 16 the bands will travel to UK’s Singletary Center for the Arts to participate in the KMEA District Assessment.
- The Concert Band (A4 class + percussion) will perform at 1pm in the main concert hall. Students are to wear all black. Students will report to the band hall at the beginning of second period at 10:30. Lunch plans are still TBA. Students will return to BSHS by 2:15.
- The Symphonic Band (B4 class + percussion) will perform at 6pm in the main concert hall. Students are to wear all black. Students will report to the band hall after school.
- We will carpool to UK. Parents must sign a permission slip at the band concert on Thursday to give permission for your student to ride with another family. You are also welcome to transport your own student. Students may be picked up at UK between 7:00 and 8:30. We want students to stay and watch the other bands if possible. Symphonic Band students will have dinner provided after school before we leave.
The bands will perform the following selections:
- Concert Band (II)
- Chester Variations by Elliot del Borgo
- Tall Cedars by Eric Osterling
- Symphonic Band (IV)
- Dedicatory Overture by Clifton Williams
- In Two Places by Haley Woodrow
- The Home Town Boy by Karl King, arr. Swearengen