Members of the BSHS Symphonic Band and Chamber Orchestra will meet up July 26-30 from 1-5pm for our first summer symphony orchestra camp. Band members will receive instruction from BSHS Music Faculty as well as guest clinicians.
Literature to be selected from:
- Dvorak’s 9th Symphony, “From the New World”, Movement 4
- Stravinsky’s “Berceuse and Finale” from the Firebird Suite
- Gliere’s “Russian Sailors Dance” from The Red Poppy
- Nicholas Hooper and John Williams’ “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”
On Friday night, we will present a FREE outdoor concert in the back parking lot. Community members and alumni are welcome and encouraged to attend. Bring a picnic, lawn chair, and come enjoy the music.
Additional information for Students:
- Please bring your instrument, all required accessories, and a snack each day.
- Dress in layers – the band room can get REALLY COLD and REALLY HOT from day to day. We will always rehearse inside. Friday we will do a sound check outside in the late afternoon.
- The band and orchestra will generally rehearse separately from 1-3, then together from 3-5 each day. We will rehearse for 50 minutes, then take a 10 minute break each hour.
- Students are not (currently) required to wear masks, however you are welcome to do so.